bypass password

Steffan Vigano svigano at BOOTHCREEK.COM
Wed Jul 28 05:51:24 IST 2004

>>>wondering if there is a way to create a custom ruleset that would allow
>>>for a 'bypass password' in the subject that would bypass
>>>filename/filetype/spam checks, etc,  if this specific word was found....
>>>similar in theory to the old Procmail 'bypass password' setting.
>
>>Pretty darned good idea - would be great if was something you change at
>>will, or you have one for various settings, eg to bypass spam or to
>>bypadss virus checks as well - but a different key for each check?
>
>You can make it bypass SpamAssassin checks by simply creating a rule with a
>large negative score.
>I would be very wary of bypassing anything else by use of a "secret" as
>inevitably it will leak out to someone you didn't want it to.

it's really more the MailScanner specific filename/type and form/script
checks that I worry about.  The 'secret' password would be unique enough
to not be guessed and changed periodically.   We often have the need to
send through legitimate scripts/forms/exe's etc.  We currently
successfully use this practice via Procmail and would love to extend it
to MailScanner, but it seems the ruleset options are a limited to
To/From tests, vs regular expressions against Subject or Body.   Is that
correct?   can I test Subject somehow via MailScanner?
Thanks!

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk