Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Jim Holland mailscanner at MANGO.ZW
Tue Jul 27 21:33:23 IST 2004

Hi

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Richard Lynch wrote:

> As a side note on the Mydoom.O double zip issue.  F-Prot released a new
> version for unix this past weekend.  A a result we have been catching
> the double zip copies of Mydoom.O from the very beginning.  Even before
> applying Julian's patch.

We are using MailScanner+ClamAV, and what puzzled me was that while
MailScanner 4.31.6 was letting these viruses through, a manual scan of the
infected raw messages using ClamAV was always able to identify them as
Worm.Mydoom.M (at least wef the update we received at 1600 GMT yesterday).
MailScanner was blocking copies of Worm.Mydoom.M that were not using
double zip files however.  Since installing the new Message.pm file no
more copies have got through.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk