Spamassassin conf file?

Edward L. Hannaford elhannaford at PSFINC.COM
Mon Jul 26 20:49:52 IST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:09:11 +0200, Peter Bonivart <peter at UCGBOOK.COM>
wrote:

>SA reads all cf-files it can find in the directories it's configured to
>look in (you can see them by running a debug lint). If you drop an extra
>ruleset (somename.cf) into /etc/mail/spamassassin it will automatically
>be picked up. The local.cf is usually empty (comes with SA and has
>nothing to do with MS) and should probably stay so to avoid losing stuff
>when upgrading SA. I rename mine and create a symbolic link to
>spam.assassin.prefs.conf so I don't have to bother with the -p and -C
>switches.

MailScanner seems to come pre-configured to pass along
spam.assassin.prefs.conf, presumably with built-in switches, and I wanted
to make sure that such built-in stuff didn't preclude any files
in /etc/mail/spamassassin.  If multiple .cf files have conflicting settings
which ones rule (of course, the best way to handle that is to make sure you
don't have conflicting settings! ;->)?

-Ed

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk