Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI 0.19

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Thu Jul 22 19:56:04 IST 2004

Stephen Swaney scribbled on Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:39 AM:

> Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI version 0.19 has just been
> released and is
> available at cpan.org. This version fixes the erroneous error
> generated during the `make test` phase of the installation.
>
> I have updated the files SURB files at www.fsl.com/support to
> include this
> new file as well as:
>
>         1. Instructions on how to install from CPAN. Using this
>            method should load any missing pre-requsite perl modules.
>         2. Instructions on which Rules_Du_Juor cf files
> should be removed
>            after installing SpamCopURI.
>
> Many thanks to the SUBRL people. These tests work very, very well.
>
> Steve
>
> Stephen Swaney
> President
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

Steve,
I noticed the new version and downloaded it this morning having never
installing it previously. Installed it using the make method (not CPAN) and
have a couple errors when testing with -D and --lint. Could you please take
a quick look at my output below and give me a hint? It would be appreciated
greatly! I assume it could be due to not having a prerequisite perl module
but the only error I got during make was t/urn-isbn......skipped
        all skipped: Needs the Business::ISBN module installed.
I didn't think it critical so I continued the install. If I need to
"uninstall" these packages and go the CPAN route please let me know the
easiest way to do that cleanly. I am anxious to see how much this improves
are detection rate which has been slowly going south for the last few weeks.
I'm waiting on SA 3.0 and the new Mailscanner until stable.

Configuration:
RH9.0, sendmail 8.12.8, MailScanner 4.28.6-1, ClamAv 0.70rc-1, Spamassassin
2.63-1, SpamCopURI 0.19.

Thanks so much,
Ken
Ken Goods
Network Administrator
AIA Insurance
Lewiston, ID

[root at gw-mail SURBL]# spamassassin -D -p
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
debug: Score set 0 chosen.
debug: running in taint mode? yes
debug: Running in taint mode, removing unsafe env vars, and resetting PATH
debug: PATH included '/usr/local/sbin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/local/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/sbin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/sbin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/X11R6/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/root/bin', which doesn't exist, dropping.
debug: Final PATH set to:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf" for user prefs file
**************************Here**********************************************
**********
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us
*************************To Here (and more
below)****************************************
*** If I understood correctly, you said you disabled the redirect check in
0.19?*********

debug: bayes: 2569 tie-ing to DB file R/O /etc/mail/spamassassin_toks
debug: bayes: 2569 tie-ing to DB file R/O /etc/mail/spamassassin_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: Score set 3 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=2.077
debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 1195, nham = 13265
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: tokenize: header tokens for *F = "U*ignore
D*compiling.spamassassin.taint.org D*spamassassin.taint.org D*taint.org
D*org"
debug: tokenize: header tokens for *m = " 1090520973 lint_rules "
debug: bayes token 'N:H*m:NNNNNNNNNN' => 0.0899076051819929
debug: bayes: score = 0.0899076051819929
debug: Syncing Bayes journal and expiring old tokens...
debug: lock: 2569 created
/etc/mail/spamassassin.lock.gw-mail.aiainsurance.com.2569
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 0
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 1
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 2
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 3
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 4
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 5
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 6
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 7
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 8
retries
debug: lock: 2569 trying to get lock on /etc/mail/spamassassin with 9
retries
Cannot open bayes databases /etc/mail/spamassassin_* R/W: lock failed: File
exists
debug: bayes: 2569 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 2569 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 2569 untie-ing db_seen
[...]
debug: Syncing complete.
debug: bayes: 2569 untie-ing
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=2.077
debug: running uri tests; score so far=2.077
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
*************************Here***********************************************
******
Failed to compile URI SpamAssassin tests, skipping:
        (syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule OB_URI_RBL, line
1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule OB_URI_RBL, line
9, near "}
    }"
)
here******************************************************
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=2.077
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: Current PATH is:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
debug: Pyzor is not available: pyzor not found
debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.
debug: all '*From' addrs: ignore at compiling.spamassassin.taint.org
debug: all '*To' addrs:
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: trying (3) google.com...
debug: looking up MX for 'google.com'
debug: MX for 'google.com' exists? 1
debug: MX lookup of google.com succeeded => Dns available (set dns_available
to hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: running meta tests; score so far=2.077
debug: is spam? score=0.553 required=5
tests=BAYES_01,DATE_MISSING,NO_REAL_NAME

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk