A Blown transformer, hours of fixing and a day later...

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Jul 20 20:05:09 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:

> Hi Ugo,
>
>> Where they powered down cleanly?  If not, you should use apcupsd.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=apcupsd&stype=all
>

> Unfortunately they were not. By the time I got to the office, the juice was
> gone in the APC's.
>
> I will look into that little daemon. Looks nifty.

Let me know off-list if you need help with it, I've been using it on RH
systems for a while.  It can remotely shutdown servers (if you have one
UPS powering many servers).

>> Load is more than OK... I don't see why you are worrying.
>

> Not so much as worrying. More of I like to know everything that is going on
> with my servers all time time. Call me crazy, just makes me feel better. :)

Ok

>> Using the top command, you can see what is active, what is inactive,
>> what is wired, cache and buffer.  What do you have there?
>

> Well, here is a little snip from my window...not sure if it turns out, but
> I thought i'd give it a shot:
>
> Nothing out of the ordinary from looking at it.

Yup.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk