OUTLOOK was RE: [MAILSCANNER] RTFM... FAQ MAQ GOOGLE

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Sun Jul 18 13:51:35 IST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:08:03 -0700, you wrote:

>i made a rule that looks for "X-UTwente-MailScanner" and then assigns a
>specific category to the email. it worked perfectly. the option is
>called "with _Specific Words_ in the message header". you then enter
>your string(s) and then choose your action. and depending on your action
>it will end up either being a client-side rule or a server-side rule.

So now all messages with that frase in the header is handled seperatly.
And not whether the contents of the header contains SpamAssassin (which
I would want to) or one of the numerous blacklists we use (and not
SpamAssassin).

The question is whether you can check the
X-UTwente-MailScanner-Spamcheck for having (among other things) the
strang SPEWS, while not having SpamAssassin in it when you only want to
handle messages from SPEW-listed sources. And another rule to handle
e-mail differently when SpamAssassin is listed in that header.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk