FreeBSD Virus Scanners?

Skylar Thompson skylar at cs.earlham.edu
Fri Jul 16 20:51:44 IST 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 08:23:37AM +1000, Pete wrote:
> I have FreeBSD running with Clamav, MS and SA - I need to add another
> virus scanner (for political reasons, not technical ones) to this
> system. Originally i told the bosses we could add bitdefender, but i was
> wrong this cant work on BSD only Linux.
>
> Can anyone recommend any AV scanners for BSD, especially if they will
> play nice with mailscanner. I have a site wide license for Etrust but it
> wont play nice with BSD either.
>
> Love to hear any suggestions.

It's commercial, but Vexira runs fine in FreeBSD through Linux emulation.
I haven't tried it with MailScanner, but it works fine as a milter with
Sendmail so I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work with MailScanner.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar at cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk