Force mailscanner to reread and parse rules files

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Jul 16 17:42:58 IST 2004

> I'm dynamically generating the mailscanner rules (from SQL)
> and I'm wondering if there's a way to make MailScanner reread
> its rules somehow (hupping it doesn't seem to have much of an effect).
>
> I'm aware that it will eventually read them (when the
> children die from old age) but I'd like for new rules to take
> effect as soon as possible.

Are you referring to Mailscanner rules or SA rules as well?

If it's MS rules... Well.. You've already been given the answer :)

If it's SA rules as well you will need to --lint them

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknight.ie/
Tel. +353 59 9137101