[work] GRR Help releasing messgaes PLEASE.

John Clancy john.clancy at BUSINESSANDFINANCE.IE
Thu Jul 15 15:00:15 IST 2004

Hi Andre,

If you are using Mailwatch then I posted a fairly complete list of the
things you need to do on this to get it working on the 6th of July - see the
archive for full details.

If you are not using Mailwatch but are using sendmail then the simplest
approach is to track down the quarantine folder for the message and cd into
it. Then what you do depends on whether you are storing as queue files or
not

(a) if you are storing as queue files then (in the quarantine directory
containing the message) you should copy the qf* and df* files for this
message into your outgoing queue (generally /var/spool/mqueue)

(b) if you are storing as whole messages then (in the quarantine directory
containing the message file) you should type the following:

sendmail -toi email_address at domain.com < message_file_name

where the email_address at domain.com is replaced with the real email address
you want to send it to and message_file_name is, obviously, the name of the
message file.

I've never stored the messages as anything other than queue files until I
switched to Mailwatch (thank you Steve Freegard) so hopefully if I got the
syntax wrong for the sendmail -toi bit above somebody will correct me.

Other than this I can't help you I'm afraid.

John Clancy