is this a serious condition?

Fred Broughton phred at SVERICA.COM
Wed Jul 14 15:51:38 IST 2004

Have you tried the MS time logging function to obtain additional
debugging info?
Check man MailScanner.conf in the System Logging section.

"System logging
       Syslog Facility
              Default: mail

              This  is  the  name  of  the  "facility"  used by syslogd
to log
              MailScanner's messages. If this doesn't mean  anything  to
you,
              then  either leave it alone or else read the "syslogd" man
page.

       Log Speed
              Default: no

              Do you want to log the processing speed for each section
of  the
              code  for  a batch? This can be very useful for diagnosing
speed
              problems, particularly in spam checking.
"
This may help determine where you are slowing down.