MCP no longer working

Matt Krause krausem at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 8 21:18:30 IST 2004

I am having major problems with MCP. It is checking messages and
quaranting those that need to be, but it isn't forwarding them on to
my review account or sending the messages to my always_bcc user.

Using Postfix and I had it working fine for a while. I'm not sure when
it stopped working, but it may have been when I went from running
double instances of Postfix to a single instance.  Does that sound
feasible?

Here is the MCP part of MailScanner.conf as instructed by the directions:

# Configuration directory containing files related to MCP
# (Message Content Protection)
%mcp-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/mcp

#
# MCP (Message Content Protection)
# -----------------------------
#
# This scans text and HTML messages segments for any banned text, using
# a 2nd copy of SpamAssassin to provide the searching abilities.
# This 2nd copy has its own entire set of rules, preferences and settings.
# When used together with the patches for SpamAssassin, it can also check
# the content of attachments such as office documents.
#

MCP Checks = yes

MCP Required SpamAssassin Score = 1
MCP High SpamAssassin Score = 10
MCP Error Score = 1

MCP Header = X-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
Non MCP Actions = deliver
MCP Actions = store forward review at example.com
High Scoring MCP Actions = store forward review at example.com

Is Definitely MCP = no
Is Definitely Not MCP = no
Definite MCP Is High Scoring = no
Always Include MCP Report = no
Detailed MCP Report = yes
Include Scores In MCP Report = no
Log MCP = yes

MCP Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
MCP Max SpamAssassin Size = 100000
MCP SpamAssassin Timeout = 60

MCP SpamAssassin Prefs File = %mcp-dir%/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf
MCP SpamAssassin User State Dir =
MCP SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Install Prefix = %mcp-dir%
Recipient MCP Report = %report-dir%/recipient.mcp.report.txt
Sender MCP Report = %report-dir%/sender.mcp.report.txt

Any help would be great. Thanks!
--
Matt Krause
krausem at gmail.com