Problem with postfix qmqr after MailScanner

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Jul 8 19:55:29 IST 2004

Bryan Oliver wrote:

>Oops, I sent the wrong master.cf output.  Here is the output of my
>master.cf:
>

>smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>#submission inet n      -       n       -       -       smtpd
>#       -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
>#628      inet  n       -       n       -       -       qmqpd
>pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
>cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
>qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
>#qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr
>rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
>bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
>flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
>proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
>smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
>relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
>#       -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
>showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
>error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
>local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
>virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
>lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
>anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
>#
># Interfaces to non-Postfix software. Be sure to examine the manual
># pages of the non-Postfix software to find out what options it wants.
>#
># maildrop. See the Postfix MAILDROP_README file for details.
>#
>maildrop  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}
>#
># The Cyrus deliver program has changed incompatibly, multiple times.
>#
>old-cyrus unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}
># Cyrus 2.1.5 (Amos Gouaux)
># Also specify in main.cf: cyrus_destination_recipient_limit=1
>cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
>${user}
>uucp      unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  flags=Fqhu user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail
>($recipient)
>ifmail    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  flags=F user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)
>bsmtp     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> [...]
Strange. Looks just like mine. I assume you are running the newer
'single instance' Postfix set up, is MS actually scanning mail? When are
you getting the transport error, before or after scanning? Sorry you
might have answered these already but I have 'flu (And I am being very
male about it too!) and I can't remember.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk