Problem with postfix qmqr after MailScanner

Bryan Oliver boliver at LVLOMAS.COM
Wed Jul 7 16:54:26 IST 2004

Oops, I sent the wrong master.cf output.  Here is the output of my
master.cf:

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
#submission inet n      -       n       -       -       smtpd
#       -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
#628      inet  n       -       n       -       -       qmqpd
pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
#qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr
rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
#       -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
#
# Interfaces to non-Postfix software. Be sure to examine the manual
# pages of the non-Postfix software to find out what options it wants.
#
# maildrop. See the Postfix MAILDROP_README file for details.
#
maildrop  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}
#
# The Cyrus deliver program has changed incompatibly, multiple times.
#
old-cyrus unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}
# Cyrus 2.1.5 (Amos Gouaux)
# Also specify in main.cf: cyrus_destination_recipient_limit=1
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
${user}
uucp      unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Fqhu user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail
($recipient)
ifmail    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=F user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)
bsmtp     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Fq. user=foo argv=/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -f $sender $nexthop
$recipient

Here is an extract from my maillog file after restarting MailScanner:

Jul  7 11:47:49 mail postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail
system
Jul  7 11:47:49 mail postfix/master[7186]: daemon started -- version 2.1.4
Jul  7 11:47:49 mail postfix/qmgr[7192]: warning: connect to transport
filter: Connection refused
Jul  7 11:47:53 mail MailScanner[7206]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  7 11:47:53 mail MailScanner[7206]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  7 11:47:53 mail MailScanner[7206]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files
Jul  7 11:47:56 mail MailScanner[7206]: Using locktype = flock
Jul  7 11:48:03 mail MailScanner[7211]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  7 11:48:03 mail MailScanner[7211]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  7 11:48:03 mail MailScanner[7211]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files
Jul  7 11:48:05 mail MailScanner[7211]: Using locktype = flock
Jul  7 11:48:13 mail MailScanner[7212]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  7 11:48:13 mail MailScanner[7212]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  7 11:48:13 mail MailScanner[7212]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files
Jul  7 11:48:15 mail MailScanner[7212]: Using locktype = flock
Jul  7 11:48:23 mail MailScanner[7213]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  7 11:48:23 mail MailScanner[7213]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  7 11:48:23 mail MailScanner[7213]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files
Jul  7 11:48:25 mail MailScanner[7213]: Using locktype = flock
Jul  7 11:48:33 mail MailScanner[7214]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  7 11:48:33 mail MailScanner[7214]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  7 11:48:33 mail MailScanner[7214]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files

And there are no references to bsmtp or ifmail in my main.cf file.

Bryan

Drew Marshall <drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
07/07/2004 11:37 AM
Please respond to
MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
Re: Problem with postfix qmqr after MailScanner

On Wed, July 7, 2004 16:38, Bryan Oliver said:
> I am using postfix 2.1.4 and MailScanner 4.31.6-1q.  I have no reference
> to anything with the word filter in my master.cf file for postfix.  This
> is it's output:
>
> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
> cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
> qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
> #qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       nqmgr
> rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
> bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
> smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
> showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
> error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
> local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
> virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
> lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
> cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=R user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension}
${user}
> uucp      unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=F user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail
> ($recipient)
> ifmail    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=F user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop
($recipient)
> bsmtp     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=F. user=foo argv=/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -f $sender $nexthop
> $recipient
> relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
> proxymap  unix        -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
> trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
>
> Bryan

Is this the master.cf from your install of 2.1.4? It looks more like a
2.0.x master.cf (The qmgr was changed to oqmgr and nqmgr to qmgr). Could
you also post some log extracts also please. Do you have any reference to
bsmtp or ifmail in your main.cf?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy