mailscanner configuration and setup

Bryan Oliver boliver at LVLOMAS.COM
Mon Jul 5 15:58:26 IST 2004

That appears to have fixed the problem.

Now I am trying to configure SQL logging to a MySQL database, and when I
start MailScanner I get the following lines repeated over and over in my
"maillog" file.

Jul  5 10:45:48 mail MailScanner[31066]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.31.6 starting...
Jul  5 10:45:48 mail MailScanner[31066]: Config: calling custom init
function SQLLogging
Jul  5 10:45:48 mail MailScanner[31066]: Initialising SQL Logging temp
files
Jul  5 10:45:50 mail MailScanner[31066]: Using locktype = flock

I see no entires in the SQL table I created.

I followed this document to get it setup:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/95.html

Thanks.

Bryan

Ugo Bellavance <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
07/05/2004 10:11 AM
Please respond to
MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
Re: mailscanner configuration and setup

Bryan Oliver wrote:
> I used this one:
>
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml
>
> Bryan

 From this doc:

"If on a system installed using the RedHat RPM distribution, please edit
/etc/sysconfig/MailScanner and set it up for your mail system. Then just
use the init.d script to do it all for you:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner start"

Then, check your logs, and test.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk