Newbie question

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Jul 5 00:29:40 IST 2004

Charlie Don wrote:
> I have install clamav with the provided rpms. clamav-milter as well.
>
> Then, I have started the clamavd daemon (which I think is not necessary
> for Mailscanner).

You don't need milter or the daemon. MailScanner doesn't use them. It
invokes the command line version (clamscan) for every batch scanned.

Have you set Virus Scanner to clamav in MailScanner.conf? Otherwise it
will not be used for scanning, only the signatures will be updated.

You can find all info necessary in the mail log, grep for Clam and
FOUND. I recommend you go to www.testvirus.org to test your setup.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk