(Kaspersky 5) Wrapper Script does not seem to work.

Kenny Chauun kenny.m.chau at XOXY.NET
Fri Jul 2 09:53:43 IST 2004

Hi!

I am new to the list and facing exactly the same issue as this article.

In short, the problem is:
MailScanner cannot work with KAV 5's aveserver/aveclient component.

My investigation reveals that the reason being:
aveclient doesn't accept the "." argument of MailScanner as a wildcard for
all or directory.

Proof:
#aveclient -p/var/run/aveserver -s .
/tmp/. ERROR not a regular file

#aveclient -p/var/run/aveserver -s out.mail
out.mail OK

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk