Implement Access Control List With MailScanner???

Walt Wyndroski wdwrn at FRIENDLYCITY.NET
Fri Jul 2 01:46:48 IST 2004

I found a round-about-solution. It's not pretty, but it seems to be working.

1) In my spam.blacklist.rules, I added the following which forces
mydomain.com to be automatically spam.

From:   mydomain.com              yes
FromOrTo:       default         no

2) I then added the following to my MailScanner.conf.

Spam Modify Subject = %rules-dir%/spam.modify.rules
High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = %rules-dir%/spam.modify.rules

In my spam.modify.rules I added:
From:   mydomain.com      no
FromOrTo:       default yes

This prevents the subject from being modified with the {Spam?} tag for
emails form my domain. All others are tagged as they should be.

3) I then added the following to my MailScanner.conf.

Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules

In spam.actions.rules, I added the following: