Implement Access Control List With MailScanner???

Ken A ka at PACIFIC.NET
Thu Jul 1 23:06:52 IST 2004

You don't have users that use their email addresses from outside your
domain? Nobody checks email from home on their cable ISP, and uses
@yourdomain email addresses?

Using MailScanner From and To rulesets as you have suggested would stop
the envelope sender being set to yourdomain, but the sender could still
set the 'From:' header to yourdomain. :-(

I think you'd need to also kill it with sendmail (maybe a milter) or
maybe an SA rule that matched META conditions (yourdomain in the From
Header) and NOT (one of your relays).

Ken A

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk