Problem releasing file from quarantine

Alden Levy alden at ENGINENO9INC.COM
Thu Jul 1 18:51:33 IST 2004

I have been TRYING to release a file from quarantine, but I keep getting the
same error.  According to the MAQ, all I have to do is copy the df- and qf-
files to the mqueue. I also included the file that was tagged as a possible
virus (PETERSON.rel.doc).  Unfortunately, the file never reaches the
destination.

I found the offending rule in filename.rules.conf ("deny
\.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\s*\.[a-z0-9]{3}$"), but I am loathe to change it.

By now, we've had the sender change the name of the doc and resend it. But I
am wondering what I can do in the future to release a file from quarantine.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am running MailScanner 4.30.3 on a P4, RH 9.0 with ClamAV, all RBLs, URIs
in SpamAssassin.

Regards,
Alden

Alden Levy