Two Patches

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Jan 31 20:38:32 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> Can you send me it again?
> Exactly how critical is it? (Already released 4.26.7 stable).

Not too critical, since most unpacking is handled by the internal unpacker.  It stops the external unpacker failing.  This happens because it trys to use /root/tmp as unpacking space, but clam drops privileges to the clamav user which doesn't have permission to write to /root/tmp.
The wrapper script creates a directory in the mailscanner work directory with the appropriate permissions and tells clam to use this as temp space (this should also improve performance if the work dir is in tmpfs).

It also corrects some misunderstanding of the various command line flags.

e.g. --unzip means attempt to use an external unzipper if the internal one fails.  The internal one will always be attempted first (even if the --unzip option isn't given).

Each of the external unpackers can be given the path to the appropriate command (e.g. -unzip=/usr/bin/unzip).  I've added all the external unpacker options to the file (with the uncommon ones commented out).

Because the internal unpacker is always attempted I've moved --unzip to ExtraScanOptions as it could cause a failure.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.