Possible wishlist item - attachment decisions

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Jan 30 21:18:20 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 20:39, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> There are two possible situation
>
> - Someone wants to disable virus scanning on all message received, relying only on filetype and filename rules.
>
> => Here, I think it is feasible.
Yes, I agree. Simply set Virus Scanners = none
(note that Virus Scanners may not be a ruleset)

> - Some wants to disable virus scanning only on specific messages received, using rules.
>
> => Here, you say it is not feasible, which makes sense.

Yes, can't be done because whole batches are scanned at a time.
Just to be clear though you can turn off all virus/ filename/type checks
using a ruleset on the Virus Scanning directive.

> Hope this is clearer.  Don't be affraid to tell me if I'm wrong.

Much clearer, thanks!

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000