Announce: MailScanner-MRTG version 0.07 released

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Wed Jan 28 22:28:00 GMT 2004

Kevin,

Even though this does work and is a read only , it doesn't provide any
access control, which could leave users vulnerable to any possible exploits
which may arise in net-snmp.  Perhaps adding an acl to only allow access to
127.0.0.1 would be smart?

Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
1300 85 HOST
www.platformhosting.com

-----Original Message-----
Of Kevin Spicer
Sent: Thursday, 29 January 2004 7:27 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Announce: MailScanner-MRTG version 0.07 released

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 20:09, Mike Wallis wrote:

> Yep, that seems to have done it... since I wasn't using snmp before,
> that's an acceptable solution for me.

Great, thanks for testing Mike.  I'm going to do some docs on snmp, as
it seems to be causing some confusion, and I will include a sample
minimum config based on that.

--
Kevin Spicer (kevin AT kevinspicer DOT co DOT uk)

This message is digitally signed using the GNU Privacy Guard.
My public key may be obtained from http://www.keyserver.net

 Pain free spam & virus protection by:          www.mailsecurity.net.au
 Forward undetected SPAM to:                   spam at mailsecurity.net.au