mcafee uvscan not using /usr/local/uvscan/datfiles/current

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Wed Jan 28 19:03:15 GMT 2004

Uhmm, not really

You should *not* use any symlinks at all.

You will either get the symptoms as described (`old' dat files) or you
will see some (as in really some, not all!!) slipping through scanned, but
undetected.

I think I was the first unfortunate person to find/report this 'feature'
of mcafee, there have been several reports about it since.