New Feature -- "and" in rules

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 18:02:52 GMT 2004

At 17:33 28/01/2004, you wrote:
>Wow, that's great!
>I have a custom function based on your per domain custom function
>example. Do you think using this feature would be faster, or about the
>same as using a custom function for whitelists per user?
>Is this in 4.26.5?

Using the per-domain custom function will still be faster when used with a
lot of domains. In that case, the domains are looked up in a hash table
(very fast). With the "and" operator, all the rules have to be checked
until a match is found, as the address tests can be arbitrary strings and
not just domain names.

It will be in 4.26.6.

--
Julian Field