Announce: MailScanner-MRTG version 0.07 released

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Tue Jan 27 00:53:45 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 18:28, Kevin Spicer wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 23:12, Gerry Doris wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 17:07, Kevin Spicer wrote:
> > > Version 0.07 of MailScanner-MRTG is now available for download from
> > > http://mailscanner-mrtg.sourceforge.net for more details read on
> > > below...
> > snip...
> >
> > I have a problem with the new version.  I'm getting massive complaints
> > (MB's of logfiles) filled with the following...I've had to turn off
> > snmpd to stop the flood.
>
> Gerry, sorry my fault entirely - I had ucd-snmp and I missed one of the
> diffferences.
>
> Could you change line 211 in /usr/liib/MailScanner-MRTG/MSMRTG/Data.pm
> to...
>
> $command = "$MSMRTG::Config::Config{'snmpwalkbinary'} -v 2c -c
> $MSMRTG::Config::Config{'snmpcommunity'}
> localhost:$MSMRTG::Config::Config{'snmpport'} ";
>
> (that should be all one line)
>
> Also make sure you have set...
>
> SNMP version = net
>
> in mailscanner-mrtg.conf
>
> [Maybe I should try and auto detect that in future]
>
> If you can get back to me whether this fix works I'll quickly roll a new
> rpm and tarball for the site.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin

I made the changes and now am seeing

ERROR: iptraffic counters not fully initialised
        No iptraffic data on this run

and lots of these (one for each of the graphs)

Illegal division by zero at /usr/lib/MailScanner-MRTG/MSMRTG/Data.pm
line 411, <STATE> line 27.
WARNING: Could not get any data from external command
'/usr/sbin/mailscanner-mrtg mail'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (Illegal seek)

WARNING: Problem with External get '/usr/sbin/mailscanner-mrtg mail':
   Expected a Number for 'in' but nothing'

WARNING: Problem with External get '/usr/sbin/mailscanner-mrtg mail':
   Expected a Number for 'out' but nothing'

I don't think I made any other changes???
--
Gerry Doris <gdoris at rogers.com>