Your MailScanner stats

Håkon Eriksen hakon.eriksen at USIT.UIO.NO
Fri Jan 23 12:12:33 GMT 2004

> > > Do you use remote syslogging ?
> >
> > Exim-logs go both on disk and to a remote server, MS logs go just to
> > disk.
>
> You could disable the to disk logging, and also limit the exim remote
> stuff, max session per host and so on. but i guess you allready do
> that.

As I said, I doubt if Exim is eating much resources for me. None of the
boxes do any local deliveries, they forward the mail to dedicated
servers to do that. I also have a different server to send mail
But I'll look into limiting the amount of disk logging.

> DNS server also seperate, for those 4 servers ?

If you mean do I run a caching server on all the machines, the answer is
no. It's a dedicated DNS server not very far away.

By the way... In your first reply you said I should be able to process
two to three times the total load on a single box. Now, each of my five
boxes receive 80 000 messages, and I can process 12 000 messages an
hour, that means I can actually go through almost 290 000 messages in 24
hours. Is this what your meant about being able to process more messages
than I do now, or did I misunderstand again?

--
 Håkon Eriksen <hakon.eriksen at usit.uio.no>
 Gruppe for drift av grunntjenester (GT), SAPP, USIT