White List question

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Thu Jan 22 16:59:20 GMT 2004

You should check if the envelope address is the same as the headers.

MailScanner uses the envelope address.

The envelope address can be found in the logs.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jim Dickenson
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:44 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: White List question

In my spam.whitelist.rules file I have this line:
From:           mileageplus at unitedoffers.com    yes

When a person gets an email with these headers:

From: United Mileage Plus <MileagePlus at UnitedOffers.com>

It gets this:

        FROM_OFFERS 4.10, HTML_MESSAGE 0.10, RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 1.62)

There is no mention that this address is white listed and thus, as it meets
my low spam score, is treated as spam.

I have other addresses listed that are treated correctly so I am at a loss
as to why this address is causing me trouble.

Any ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

TIA,
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com