Razor caching proxy

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 18:53:05 GMT 2004

I've just come across this here:
http://www.stearns.org/razor-caching-proxy

Has anyone else ever heard of it, or tried it out? I would be interested to
hear people's opinions of it. I have contacted Vipul directly to ask if
there is a way of mirroring their servers, and unfortunately the answer is
no. Apparently the reporting and querying services are very tightly bound
to each other, so mirrors aren't possible. Shame.

And what about DCC?
Is anyone running the DCC daemon to provide their own DCC server. Does this
help performance noticeably? I am worried that too many large sites will
overload the central DCC servers, when we could run our own.
--
Julian Field