SpamChecks.rules: sender*@

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Wed Jan 21 16:24:29 GMT 2004

This appears to work, but since I didn't see it in etc/rules/EXAMPLES, I
want to be sure it is doing what I think it is doing.

Many newsletters have a different envelope address each time they
arrive, e.g. <bounce-opa-intelligence-8498661 at atomic.sparklist.com>.
The number will change each time.

The following would allow all email from atomic.sparklist.com to not be
spam checked:

        From: *@atomic.sparklist.com no

I would rather not whitelist the entirety of atomic.sparklist.com, so
tried the following:

        From: bounce-opa-intelligence*@ no

This seems to have worked.

Is my logic correct?  If so, Julian, this might be a good addition to
etc/rules/EXAMPLES.

(My previous way of doing this was by adding a SpamAssassin rule to
check the From: header and give a large negative score.)

Thanks,

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer