ETRN message

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Mon Jan 19 14:53:58 GMT 2004

I have been watching my mail log with MailScanner and noticed the below
syntax and don't understand what it is saying.  Would anyone have a
suggestion?  I tried to send me an email and it has not been delivers.  My
gateway forwards the mail to an internal email exchange server.  The SPAM
gateway is running the latest SA and MS.

Jan 19 08:42:38 mail sendmail[30274]: i0JEgcjd030274: [x.x.x.x] did not
issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Pentium IV, RH9, 1.5 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, and f-prot

SD :-)