Custom spamassassin rules files

Chris Kissinger chrisk at OS-IT.NET
Wed Jan 14 20:52:22 GMT 2004

Okay... I give up. I can not trace why whese rules aren't kicking in.

I've tried to add the popcorn, chickenpox, and weeds rules that are out
there. I've thrown the cf files in both /etc/mail/spamassassin/ and
/usr/share/spamassassin/ trying to make this work. There have been plenty of
spams that should have triggered these but it just isn't working.

Setup has MailScanner running on a gateway sendmail server so nothing is a
true "local" address. Mail is definately being scanned, just not picking up
the custom rules.

I'm just at a loss why this isn't working, trying to stay away from needing
to add these to spam.assassin.prefs.conf but I have no other solutions.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris