Spamassassin negative score? {Scanned}

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Jan 14 16:13:59 GMT 2004

At 09:57 AM 1/14/2004, SW wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm just trying to figure out how lately lots of spam gets a 'negative'
>score resulting in not being seen as spam? Do I need to make some changes in
>Mailscanner.conf to fix this problem or is this a known loophole spammers
>use?
<snip>

It looks like your bayes database is poison. It's giving the message a 0%
chance of spam based on your training database.

If you're not doing manual training, disable bayes.. autolearning is NOT
sufficient to have a working bayes database.

Unfortunately the SA default is to have bayes and autolearning enabled, so
many people don't realize they need to manually train in the default
config, resulting in badly trained bayes databases.