Outstanding mail archiving bug

Ron Campbell rc at ITSS.NERC.AC.UK
Tue Jan 13 17:10:44 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> At 16:05 13/01/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> > There were reports of the wrong message being archived or the warning
>> > message or something like that.
>> >
>> > Please can someone confirm exactly what the problem was, and when it
>> > occurs. Otherwise I can't fix it.
>>
>> It was if i recall correctly, filename rules, i had to lookup some files
>> for people who reported files were stripped, and all i found was the
>> error
>> template, instrad of the actual files of that user.
>>
>> I mailed a detailed report around the time you were in .nl, but i guess
>> thats lost ? :))
>

> I can't find it, have hunted all over the place for it. Have you still got
> a copy of it or can you describe it again please?

Following is in $report

    MailScanner: Found a form in HTML message

The original message is replaced with a warning correctly.
But the quarantine contains the warning message instead of the original
message.

I think I have seen this for IFrame tags as well but am not 100%
certain.

This is version 4.24-5