R: mailscanner with sophos and postfix

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Jan 13 17:02:30 GMT 2004

And I use Postfix & MailScanner on Gentoo (I used to use it on Slackware,
also without problems). As it is only a 'home' machine I don't use Sophos
preferring Antivir and F-prot both of which are free licences for home
use. Both work fine, fast and secure on legacy kit :-). I would thoroughly
recommend this setup as they are both easy to configure. For extra spam
protection I block at SMTP (through Postfix) using the Spamhaus RBLs as
they are a fairly conservative list and then use SpamAssassin to be more
aggressive, tagging messages so as not to possibly block false positives.

Good luck!

Drew