Antivir

Sun Jan 11 21:19:14 GMT 2004

On Sunday 11 January 2004 9:07 pm, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> > Okay then - where did you install antivir (just the short answer, please
> > - the location of the antivir executable will do - I don't need an output
> > from find or locate).
>
> Sorry for having done that Antony. Hope this is better ?. :-((
>
> # which antivir
> /usr/bin/antivir

Much better :)

> > Did you try the test I suggested earlier, by the way - can you
> > successfully run antivir manually to do a virus check?
>
> I donwloaded the 4 files from Eicar, but it seems they were not treated
> as viruses according to the output shown below. Yes I ran the antivir
> manually ok.
>

> # /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper /usr/lib/AntiVir/  -allfiles -s
> -noboot  -rs -z .
> AntiVir / Linux Version 2.0.9-9
> Copyright (c) 1994-2003 by H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH.
> All rights reserved.

This does not make sense if you installed antivir in /usr/bin (as you say
above).   You should specify the directory in which the binary is located on
the command line for antivir-wrapper:

/usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper /usr/bin/  -allfiles -s -noboot  -rs -z .

Antony.

--
The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all
customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that

 - Douglas Adams in The Guardian, 25th August 1995

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.