SV: Bouncing Spam

Anders Andersson, IT anders.andersson at LTKALMAR.SE
Fri Jan 9 15:07:03 GMT 2004

Since I cant tell what kind of servers you got I only tell you what we've
done.
First, I never stop incoming mail to a mailbox... that is just the wrong way
to go. I do block ppl sending when they reached quota but never stop
incomming mail. Using an RBL to block about 80-90% of the SPAM before I even
get them, hence nothing will be deleted. If you are running exchange and the
hardware cant stand some SPAM I would consider 2 things... hardware upgrade
or start uing RBL to block the mails from entering you system, dont let
other ppl suffer.
Thinking you solved the problem by bouncing them to innocent ppl most be the
worst solution...