Not Virus Scanning Some Domains

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Jan 9 07:57:32 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 00:28, Kyle Harris wrote:

>As I understand it, this is not what should
>happen.  In MailScanner.conf it says, and I quote " . . . is used to
>accept
>or reject file attachments based on their name, regardless of whether
>they
>are infected or not".  What am I missing?

You are misunderstanding that statement.  filename.rules.conf determines
whether a file should be blocked based on its name (regardless of other
checks) - but will not override the descision of another check (such as
virus scanning) to block the file.

>If anyone knows of a better way of disabling Virus Scanning but keeping
>ALL
>the other features of MailScanner, please let me know.

I think with recent versions you can use a ruleset for 'Virus Scanning'
just to turn virus scanning on or off (In older versions this stopped
all processing - but IIRC this has now been changed)