HTML email modified

Thu Jan 8 19:42:03 GMT 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 7:25 pm, Dave Simmons wrote:

> We have MailScanner running with SpamAssassin and we have run into a
> problem.  We sent an email outbound that was an HTML advertisement.  The
> HTML code was modified.  The font color was changed, the font size was
> changed and several !!! were inserted into the message.

Well, I guess it saves the people on the receiving end from having to do it
themselves :)

> Is this anything anyone has run across before?
>
> I searched the archives but didn't find anything on this subject.

A couple of things would be useful here:

1. Show us the full headers of the modified email which gets received.

2. Tell us what your MailScanner ruleset is (without comments) - something
like the output of
grep -v "^\($\|#\)" MailScanner.conf
would be good.

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.