HTML email modified

Dave Simmons dsimmons at AFFANT.COM
Thu Jan 8 19:25:52 GMT 2004

We have MailScanner running with SpamAssassin and we have run into a
problem.  We sent an email outbound that was an HTML advertisement.  The
HTML code was modified.  The font color was changed, the font size was
changed and several !!! were inserted into the message.  If the message is
sent internally without passing through MailScanner it remains unchanged.
When sent to our test account through MailScanner the html message gets
modified.  If it the same message is resent more !!! are added to the
message body.  Is this anything anyone has run across before?

I searched the archives but didn't find anything on this subject.

Thank you in advance.

Dave Simmons