SA unable to locate the db_module

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Wed Jan 7 00:46:18 GMT 2004

I have my /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf logically linked to
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

I issue the following:

"spamassassin -D --lint -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf"

My output is as follows:

debug: bayes: DB_File module not installed, cannot use Bayes
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

The only item that I know is working is the
"/var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist" as I have it redirected to this
path via the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Since I upgraded via Perl to SpamAssassin
2.61 and then MS my SA is no longer doing bayse.  I am out of ideas.

My system is configured with RH9, HP PIV, Mirrored IDE 80gb, 1536mb RAM,
running spamassassin 2.61 with MailScanner 4.25-14.

Thank you
sd