Problems writing to exim4's input directory after mail has been processed

Carsten Aulbert carsten at WELCOMES-YOU.COM
Sun Jan 4 21:36:11 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> Are you using split exim spools? If so, all the split directories need to
> exist before MailScanner tries to put a message in them. For each directory
> under /var/spool/exim4_in/input, there needs to be a matching one under
> /var/spool/exim4_out/input.

Yes, I do. But since before I was just using exim V3 I think I need to
invest a bit of reading of exim V4 docs. I have not been aware exim is
using subdirectories like that (nor have I found them in the deamon's
input directory, but I'll recheck that).

> I guess I should make it create all these directories at startup if they
> don't already exist. What is the complete list of directories needed? 0-9
> and a-z or A-Z or A-F or a-f or...?

I'll do that, thanks a lot and sorry for bothering.

Cheers

Carsten