A few questions I can't find in archive...

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Feb 27 22:11:21 GMT 2004

It's my understanding that the Opteron chip has far better floating point
performance then the Titanium chip. This should greatly improve perl's
performance. Since MailScanner and SpamAssassin are written in perl, we
expect to see significant performance increases on the Opteron systems.
Running the 2.6 kernel on an Opteron system should show very significant
performance increases.

Steve
Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> I cant think of any advantages to running it 64bit, it would likely be
> slower.
>
> -Dan

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com