A few questions I can't find in archive...

Fri Feb 27 21:12:29 GMT 2004

Hi!

> Secondly, the purpose of this machine will be hopefully to scan all
> incoming and outgoing mail for about 30 mailservers. I have also
> reviewed a commercial device (BarracudaNetworks.com) which doesn't seem
> to offer that many advantages, the one advantage it offers, which I'm
> guessing MS does too is the ability to specify:
>
> domain1.com -> mail1.host.com
> domain2.com -> mail3.host.com
> domain3.com -> mail32.host.com

This you do in your mailer, if you configure MS with sendmail for example
you can do this easilly with the mailertable.

> Any input on the use of MS over say BarracudaNetworks produt which will
> run at minimum for a dual xeon/opteron configuration in the $7000 range?

You can buy two or three dual xeons for that ammount of cash, whats the
ammount of mail you need to scan ?

Bye,
Raymond.