[FAQ] Viruses in High Scoring Spams are not detected

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 15:25:24 GMT 2004

The quarantine is exactly that, a place where suspect, dangerous or
unwanted messages are stored. I don't mess about with them before placing
them in the quarantine. Otherwise you could potentially be throwing away
data you wanted. It's up to you to be careful with your quarantine.

At an animal quarantine, you don't shoot suspicious dogs before putting
them in the quarantine. You put potentially sick or infectious animals in
there, and handle them carefully.

--
Julian Field