Email Spam Reports sent to recipients

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Feb 26 11:24:55 GMT 2004

Hi Julian,

> I have this set. My question is: if SpamAssasin can do it and
> MailScanner is running a stock SpamAssassin, why do I only
> get a message
> like:
> Our MailScanner believes that the attachment to this message
> sent to you

The report settings of SpamAssassin are not used by MailScanner. You
probably have

Spam Actions = attachment

in your MailScanner.conf. What is it that you really want? You will not
get the SA Spam Reports with MailScanner no matter what you do. If you
want spam delivered and flagged so that the MUA can filter it out use

Spam Actions = deliver

Have a look at the attachment: Does it contain the
X-MailScanner-SpamAssassin header with the SA scores?

Regards,
  JP