[FAQ] Viruses in High Scoring Spams are not detected

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at VANRAMSELAAR.NL
Wed Feb 25 16:01:44 GMT 2004

Randal, Phil shared the following on 25-02-04 16:19:
> MailScanner does not bother to virus scan emails which are flagged as
> high-scoring Spam when the "High Scoring Spam Actions" do not deliver or
> forward, even if the items are stored in quarantine. I'd like to know that
> we're storing a virus, so the workaround I use with sendmail is:
>
>   High Scoring Spam Actions = store forward spam at localhost.localdomain
>
> and add to /etc/aliases
>
>   spam  /dev/null

Wouldn't it be nice to have an option 'scan', so the messages will be
scanned for dangerous content anyway?

I.e.:
        High Scoring Spam Actions = store scan

--
   Evert Jan van Ramselaar  <evertjan at vanramselaar.nl>
   Van Ramselaar Info Tech  <http://www.vanramselaar.nl>

Mail pgpkey at vanramselaar.nl to get my G/PGP Public Key.
Key fingerprint = 4F2A 56C4 F9C3 FA36 3ED8  DEC8 B50C D425 1202 DA95