resend quarantined whole message with exim?

Kirk Lowery klowery at whi.wts.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:44:38 GMT 2004

Martin Hepworth wrote:

> you'll need the email saved as queue files (a setting in MailScanner.conf)
>
> the cd to the directory with the queue files in it..
>
> cp -p *H *D /var/spool/exim/input
>
> (assumming the post MS exim queue is in /var/spool/exim as in the
> MS-exim how-to).
>
> force delivery of the message with
>
> exim -C /usr/local/etc/exim/configure.out -M message-id
>
> where message-id is the name of the files you just moved without the
>  -D and -H

Thanks for your response! This is helpful.

Yes, I also found the setting in MailScanner.conf for this (Debian
defaults to "no" for "Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files" this
setting; I think I'll file a bug on it with the Debian MailScanner
package...).

But what can I do with the files already combined with headers and
message body? Is there some MailScanner or exim command that will split
them out to queue files?

Kirk
--
Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiss und nichts klappt.
Praxis ist, wenn alles klappt und keiner weiss warum.