Building an MS-SA box

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at AG.COM
Sun Feb 22 13:25:36 GMT 2004

Can any one confirm that a delivery option of "store deliver" would
essentially BREAK clamav?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff A. Earickson [mailto:jaearick at COLBY.EDU]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 7:41 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Building an MS-SA box

IMHO, you are better off running a cache/slave DNS like bind or tinydns.  On
Solaris we have found that nscd can be a bottleneck, not a help.  When we
moved our web service (apache) from HP to Solaris, we were getting really
poor response until we turned off nscd.  I have it turned off on all of my
Sun boxes, including my MailScanner box.  Others may have different insight
on nscd.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College