Building an MS-SA box

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 22 13:16:59 GMT 2004

I agree with the comments about Solaris's nscd. It appears to slowly grow
without limit. I have had one taking about 800MB of RAM after the box had
been up for a few months. Linux's nscd might be better, but most people
only need to cache DNS responses, which is better done with bind as it is
more configurable.

--
Julian Field