Building an MS-SA box

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Sun Feb 22 12:41:28 GMT 2004

IMHO, you are better off running a cache/slave DNS like bind or
tinydns.  On Solaris we have found that nscd can be a bottleneck,
not a help.  When we moved our web service (apache) from HP to
Solaris, we were getting really poor response until we turned off
nscd.  I have it turned off on all of my Sun boxes, including
my MailScanner box.  Others may have different insight on nscd.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College